Friday, February 13, 2009
Chicken Soup moment
While I was walking @ lunch earlier this week I saw a serviceman in military fatigues and it reminded me of a Chicken Soup (book reference) moment I had a few months ago. Mom and I were driving to Toledo for my cousins' baptisms and we stopped at a turnpike rest stop to go to Panera's (I love turnpike restops...much more fun than they used to be!). There were 2 servicemen in line and my mom started to approach them and the cashier even though we had already paid. I wasn't sure what she was doing as she took out money from her wallet. Here she was going to pay for their meals. I hadn't ever thought of doing this (or heard of anyone else doing it)...but leave it to my mom to think of it (she's one of the kindest people you will ever meet). But before she could complete her random act of kindness, some other kind soul had already paid the the servicemen's meals. Moments like these make me happy and sad @ the same time...sad because I tear up and happy to know that kind people still exist in the world. Oh and also proud to be an American where people appreciate the miltary and the sacrifices they make for our country's safety.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your mom really is wonderful! I will have to remember that next time I see a service man or woman in a restaruant.
Post a Comment