Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Top 7 Reasons I Love Akron

7 Walking downtown on a beautiful sunny day.
6 My birthplace!
5 Wonderful memories (such as watching fireworks behind St. Thomas then singing Christmas carols at Aunt Dorothy's house while walking home to Grandma & Grandpa's house...I've always been a little strange!).
4 The terrific artistic planters here and there throughout downtown.
3 The smell of Wonder baking bread.
2 All of the cool places to eat (you knew I had to mention food). Luigi's, Waffa's, and Crave just to name a few.
1 The library!!!

2 comments:

Doxie Lady said...

Mary, I adore Luigi's! I lived in Akron for a year but also dated an Akron U student for MANY years whom was completely obsessed with their pizza. We still go back to visit them. I was told that Luigi's is the pizza parlor that is mirrored in the Funky Winkerbean comic strip. I wonder if that is true?

On a side note, while researching this reference question, I went to www.funkywinkerbean.com and they have their own mashup photo with character bios!

-Suzie

Amy said...

sounds like you are happy to be "home"!